Joy, Discovery, Diversity. Our vision is for all children to experience the joy of learning and discovery in a school community where we respect each other and celebrate diversity. We are continually seeking new and innovative ways of making the curriculum exciting, aiming to make learning 'irresistible'. Within this creative, child-centred approach we consistently achieve high standards of attainment.
The school aims to help each child develop as a happy, fulfilled and confident learner by:
- providing a safe, purposeful and supportive environment.
- providing a broad, balanced and relevant education including the requirements of the National Curriculum and the curriculum guidance for the Foundation Stage.
- enabling each child to develop their full academic, social and physical potential. fostering a sense of self-esteem and respect for others.
- providing experiences that are stimulating, challenging and enjoyable.
- encouraging active participation in the learning process.
- promoting both independent and co-operative learning skills.
- providing an inclusive education that values the contribution of each child valuing cultural diversity and the richness of the school community.
- challenging racist, sexist and discriminatory attitudes and practice.
- encouraging a sense of wonder, spiritual awareness and responsibility for the world around them.
- developing self-discipline and a sense of social responsibility.
- recognising parents as partners in their child's education and welcoming the contribution they make to the life of the school.